Magazine Practical Task

  Potential Magazine "recreations":


*ALL KANYE WEST BY THE WAY*

-GQ: KANYE WEST.


-ROLLING STONE: KANYE WEST, SHOT BY TYLER, THE CREATOR.

-TIME MAGAZINE: KANYE WEST (DURING THE YE2020 PREIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN ERA).



ROUGH SKETCHES OF MY IDEAS







INSPIRED BY THE "TYLER, THE CREATOR SHOT" KANYE WEST MAGAZINE COVER FOR ROLLING STONE













Evaluation: Re-learning how to use Photoshop again was surprisingly hard to do, however I had fun making this. This is just my interpretation of the Rolling Stone cover for Kanye West so I know it won't be 100% accurate, however something I feel I've been perfect at is recreating that homemade feel Tyler created while photographing Kanye West. The Logo isn't a png but a font I was able to find pretty easily actually. I feel like blocking out the background wouldn't have given that homemade feel so i decided to include some stairs and my flats interior to give it a hint of grunge and played around with the colours and saturation until i got a unique colour to contrast the hot pink font in the off-centre. The "IS HE EMO?" text at the bottom of the cover is meant to have the same effect the "DOES HE LIKE MUSTARD?" text on the real magazine has, which I feel I've done well at (considering the odd choice of posing I decided to use).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GQ Audiences and Industries blog tasks

OSP: Infuencers and Celeb Culture

The Future of Journalism: Blog tasks